Friday, August 7, 2009

First Opening post!

This is just pointless. 3rd blog and i still have a grand total of 1 visitor.
Blog Entry 1:
Today we went for this pointless party where we played this game. Pretty pointless, since the exams are coming and im gonna get screwed for all those times i spent sleeping during physics. Oh but hey at least i was forced to drink something with a consistency of dog crap. It was awesome! Smelled like crap, Looked like crap, it was crap. One more thing , it was when Joshua failed his first english test. Pretty depressing topic but we still squeezed a few laughs from it. He looked at my result, saw that i pwned him and scolded me and turns his back to me. A few moments later , he gave me those 'emo eyes'. Almost laughable since he looked liked he wanted to kill me and then looked like he wanted a hug a few moments later.
Laugh of the day,
P.S does anyone like Twilight here? if so plz stop reading plzthx

Why The Rumored ‘Twilight’ MMO Must be Stopped

I haven't really taken too much attention into the Twilight series that's swept the Internet lately. Part of this is my wariness of nerd-on-nerd violence in general, but perhaps more importantly, I also had no interest in learning anything at all about Twilight. However when news broke last week of a possible Twilight Massively Multiplayer Game being created, my interest was finally piqued. The idea of a community combining MMO players (sweaty, pale, pathetic) with Twilight fans (pale, pathetic) was too much to pass up. "What a great way to offend millions of people." I said, right before typing this article, which if I got everything right, will offend millions of people. Probably you, in fact. So, you know, have fun.

From a gamer's point of view, loads of questions are raised by the prospect of a Twilight MMO. Will the game be a cheap imitation Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG, with it's dungeons, monsters and equipment hoarding masses, except now set in the fearsome and epic landscape of western Washington? Or would it be a kind of platform game with stupid looking people standing around holding stupid looking weapons set in the landscape of western Washington? What would a "25 man raid" mean exactly?

To find out how a MMO like this would go down with the Twilight fanbase, I decided to ask around in a popular Twilight forum. For the sake of your eyes, I didn't take screenshots of my experiences there. For some reason Twilight fans use forums like their chatrooms and, as every single person had a 1000-pixel tall signature, all of which look like some vampire dude hugging some female.

... it would have made this article 65 pages long, broken your monitors and collapsed the Internet into a really senseless Twilight paradise singularity. No Problem. The transcript of my attempts to gather feedback are below. This was all copied word by word, with the exception of the smileys. If it helps, imagine there's about ten-billion of these things scattered throughout the whole forum.

MY UNDERCOVER NAME : DIO

DIO: Hi morons. I mean guys.
TasteLikeButter: -enters and does some ridiculous somersault-
Sylicas: Yo Butter!
Rwangra: HEY Butter!
Bella1344: -Tries to tempt edward into biting her-
Bella1344: hi butter
CENTAURPWNYOU: -strokes Bella1344 neck with his long fingers-
CENTAURPWNYOU: yo.
DIO: Hi guys, I'm writer for a "popular" "website" and I'm trying to get some answers on what the Twilight community thinks about this new Twilight MMO game that will be coming out. Is this the kind of game you'd play? What would you want or not want to see in a game like this?
TasteLikeButter: -wiggles his forest of hair-
RIP4EVA: ROFLMAO
Sylicas: Lawl
DIO: What
Bella1344: - nips at Edward's tongue lightly with her nail clippers-
ChancyDragon - Hawt!
DIO: Seriously, what?
CENTAURPWNYOU: -Bites himself-
RIP4EVA: -slaps CENTAURPWNYOU-
Sylicas: -dances around like a moron-
DIO: Dammit. Have you guys been snorting ramen seasoning?
Bella1344: -tugs at her hair impatiently-
CheesyBologna: dshfjadhla,adfad OMG
CENTAURPWNYOU: Sorry
CENTAURPWNYOU: -grabs bella by the arm and throws her into a dumpster-
Rwangra: -spams crap-
DIO: WHAT THE DOG CRAP ICE CREAM NUTS IS GOING ON IN HERE?
Bella1344: ooooooooh
TasteLikeButter: La la la!
DIO: STOP IGNORING ME YOU DUMBASS SANDWICH MURDERING IDIOTS!

_______________

At that point I got a private message from CENTAURPWNYOU announcing I had been kicked off the forum, and IP-banned. Standing up from my computer, I left my office and walked into the hall. Seconds later, Damien came flying out of his office, his eyes damp. He grabbed me by my huge, awesome lapels and shook me.

"Can you fix my computer? I just got kicked off a forum for no reason!" A terrible caterwaul permeated the air, seemingly coming from all directions. It took a few moments before I understood it was Damien, shivering at an incredible speed. I frowned. So they had IP-banned the whole office network. This would be tricky. I walked down the hall to Editor Ken's office and stuck my head in.

"Hey Ken, can I borrow your iPhone for a bit?"

"Absolutely not," he replied, leaping to his feet with his hands balled into fists, years of experience working with comedy writers having honed his instincts for violence and treachery.

"OK, no problem," I said. Leaving Ken untouched and deeply confused, I turned and wandered the halls until I found Jonas. "Hey Jon, can I ask you a favor?"

"Here's Ken's iPhone," he said, handing me Ken's iPhone.

"How did you know I was going to ask you to steal this?" I asked. Jonas stared at me blankly, the idea of needing a reason to steal unfamiliar to him. Grateful at this stupidity, I decided to pretend not to notice as Jonas undid the clasp on my watch. I didn't mind parting with it: It was fairly inexpensive. But the clasp stymied his freakishly fat fingers, and it took rather longer than I'd hoped. I bit my lip and pretended to be interested in the motivational poster management had been installed recently.


Finally Jonas freed the watch from my wrist. I returned to my office with the iPhone and jumped back into the forum. Armed with the knowledge I'd earned from my last foray, I decided to change tact and try to blend in with the crowd. Omg carp. No time. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment